Wedding Trends 2014
Check out these 6 simple and exciting trends for 2014 weddings.
1. Vintage: Many brides will be taking inspiration from the 1920’s, envision a Gatsby Wedding or Old Hollywood Glamor, with dramatic veils, cap sleeve gowns, fur wraps, hair embellishments, and incorporating shades of gold into your wedding plans. The classic bow tie is also slowly making a comeback, how dapper!
2. Rustic Glam: Rustic Chic was the trend in 2013; this year rustic weddings will have a twist with more sparkle, glitz and glamor. Along side soft pinks and sweet greys you will find touches of silver sparkle with rustic wedding decorations and attire. Gleaming gold’s with accents in the attire and rustic wedding decor will be brought in along side-muted hues. Couples that love the rustic style will be glamming it up to add the touch of elegance they desire on their wedding day.
3. Woodland Theme: Think fairy tale forest or secret garden, plus an English garden with refined romantic elements. Woodland weddings will be composed of gowns containing floral accents and vines, flower crowns for the bride, and natural accessories such as wood and ferns in the décor and floral wreaths containing ferns and sprigs of lavender. Find also, wedding decorations such as natural wood and birch containers that bring the woodland inside.
4. Marquees: This year we’ll see more marquees making their way into the reception scene showing off the couple’s initials or featuring sayings like “Love”. This unique lighting option also brings in the vintage feel that’s becoming popular.
5. Shades of Blue: From deep navy blue to shades of turquoise, blue will be a popular color selection. Navy blue wedding themes will be combined with off white and soft pinks. Pair midnight blue with silver and royal blue with gold for your wedding party. Ice blues and grays will also show up in 2014 weddings. Look for brides wearing blue accents such as blue sashes, blue hair accessories, and of course we will see grooms with blue bowties and ties with bridesmaids dresses in shades of blue. Blue flower arrangement and blue bouquets with hydrangeas, coneflowers and blue roses will also be in vogue
6. Grey: Yes, it may seem like a sad or boring color to you but it is the cornerstone of eclectic design, which is easily diversified with either warm or cool combinations. The color lends itself to unique patterns, which will be even more prominent in 2014 weddings. It sits side by side extremely well with a kaleidoscope of clashing colors, which will no doubt promenade the runways, as well as, weddings in 2014. And as purple is taking a step back in 2014 from its immense popularity in recent years, it will still be found hinted in other colors like grey.
2014 is going to be the brightest, most saturated weddings season we’ve seen yet. Not only will deep, concentrated colors take the spotlight, but they’ll also be contrasted with other vibrant hues. 2014 weddings will embellish intense shades, unexpected combinations in textures and patterns, even cut+paste craziness.